Friday, May 10, 2013

Drew - And Then There Were Two




Hello, everyone! My name is Andrew, but I am known on stage as DrewDat because I draw truth from words with a pencil. Yep. That's right. Pencil.

Every other poet I know uses a pen, but I don't like the feel of pens. Too much left at stake. I like the opportunity to erase my mistakes, and pencil will actually stay on pages longer than pen will. So, in the short term, these words might be more erasable, but in the long term, the words will last so much longer.

I've trained in martial arts for well over a decade, and I like to bring that fighting spirit to everything I do. Which means that if any of my Tuesday Posts leave you feeling like you've been punched in the face, then what you're really feeling is the synthesis of at least two different arts. But this is why poetry has always been so powerful; it's a beautiful combination which dances even as it strikes. But enough about that.

I can't wait to start this journey with you all! There will be so many things discussed, so many hits thrown, so many cages broken, so many rings sent out like echoes; so purse your lips and get ready for this team to belt out words like a champ throws fists, and, of course, get ready for so many puns!

~ DrewDat Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All I ask is that you be respectful. Thank you!