Sunday, February 3, 2013

Poetry Dare: Day 11

I had always thought that questions were these things that got smaller and smaller as we got older and older kind of like playgrounds as we grow up from being small to tall, but now that I'm seeing things from such a different vantage point, I realize that the questions themselves don't ever really go away.  However, I think that our ability to accept their inability to be answered increases.  I think we, as people, start to understand how nothing is understood.  I remember crying over not getting a gameboy or something of the like.  Now I understand crying over a human not getting food, clothing, water, or sleep.  The things we care about change; our questions change with them.



Why is
I don't know
an unacceptable answer?
I own so
many I don't knows,
I don't know
what to do with them all.
What will the future hold
I
When will I know if I've found love
don't
Why does evil exist
know
how I can make sense of all these
unanswered questions, but answers
have only seemed to me
good because of their utility.
Answers become the reasons to act, but
actions are answers, so
acting
will hold me over
until I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All I ask is that you be respectful. Thank you!