Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Poetry Dare: Day 7

Poetry is a very strange art.  I'm honestly not sure where most of it comes from.  This is certainly true of the piece which I got today.



You can choose when to leave but please
don't decide as though all
other options have no role - one
is the loneliest number, and time
never feels like it's on our side,
but that shouldn't matter - time has
no master, no absolute reason; it just
is. Like you just are. You are
what you choose to be, and
you can choose when to leave but please
don't decide right now - you are
like time; you're ever changing and
a piece of you exists outside of understanding; you
are a character drawn in
greater detail than a graph with
more than one y
intercepting perceptions as they cross
across your plane existence, you you
are not plain - you just are like
time is: a space for existence,
a force for action that
can't be taken back, and broken
things can't always be made whole; how-
ever, you've got to take comfort in that
pieces have potential because they
connect to new things in interesting ways.

Plants kept from the sun will bend toward light, let
yourself soak up sun - grow up under the shining sol;
surround yourself in others whose brightness
rivals your own - the
only reason darkness is so pervasive is
that we're afraid of the light of truth and
keep our broken pieces unfairly stuffed
in drawers or the backs of closets like
light is an addiction which we
need to quit cold turkey or have
a sponsor anytime we have the urge to smile; I
don't want to hide my light, and I'm sick of
solely apologizing for my flaws, so
embrace me. Make me whole for a moment more, and I
can hold your hands like our arms are
meant to intercept to make our y's
have no meaning anymore like these questions
no longer matter like we've grown away
from our shadows and left
them behind; I
am pieces
looking for peace; it's
not time to go, so
don't.

You can choose to leave but please
don't.
Don't go until you're called by light like
a sweet creak of your home's front door opening
after a long,
too long,
day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All I ask is that you be respectful. Thank you!