Monday, October 22, 2012

Prompt: October 22nd Success

Everyone has dreams or goals or desires.  Everyone has something that he or she would absolutely love to achieve.  Problematically, we don't always know the "correct" path to walk in order to achieve those goals.  This, however, is not necessarily important.  When beginning to write a poem, I will generally have an idea of the concept I want to write about, but more often than not, what I end up with is not what I started with.  This is okay.  It's called the journey, and it leads to discovery.  But let's get back to the prompt at hand.

I want you to think about something you really want to achieve.  I don't want you to care about the how or the why of getting there or what you want to achieve; I just want you to have a solid picture of a goal in your brain.  Do you want to make more money?  Do you want to find love?  Do you want to make a new friend?  Ask a girl out?  Ask a guy out?  Be asked out?  Win a competition?  Something, anything so long as it is something you want.  Got that image in your head of what you want?  Good.

Now, write from the perspective of already having achieved this thing you have in your mind.

How does it feel?  What are you doing?  Let your mind go, and let your emotions wander with it.  Write about how you feel now that you've successfully achieved this thing you want.  Be creative, have fun, and write!

Good luck and have fun writing!

1 comment:

  1. It is the thought of as quintessential
    To make loads of money
    But my heart weighs as heavy
    As my pockets
    For what do these stack of bills mean
    When I have finished the race
    To get to the top
    Having had to claw my way to get there

    I stab my nails into others
    To pull them
    d
    o
    w
    n
    So I can go up
    The only feasible way to go of course

    And so I stand here at the top
    With this heart that could easily
    Sink me,
    I don't mind though
    For I can finally clip my nails to nothing
    And scrub my hands clean
    Not to cut away what I've done
    Nor to wash myself into ignorance

    But I no longer wish to be static
    This desire won't leave me alone
    And so I eagerly slip and slide
    Sometimes tumbling
    Down this mass of bodies
    That rose higher and higher
    All so I could reach for what I aspired

    ReplyDelete

All I ask is that you be respectful. Thank you!