Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Future of This Endeavor

This won't really be a poem or work of creative non-fiction or the like.  I kind of just wanted to talk about what I want to do with this blog thing so that, if I don't follow through, perhaps someone out there will remind me of what I wanted my dreams to be.

I'm going to start posting some poems and performances on here.  I will achieve this via YouTube.  If you would like to see some of the poems I already have up, feel free to search for my name or my channel name, "Key0fZ".  The 'O' in "Of" is actually a zero (0).  Anyhow, I have a few martial arts demonstrations up there in addition to a few poems on there as well.

Some may ask, "Why?  Why add videos and such?"  Well, in terms of poetry, I think that it should be heard as well as read.  And not a lot of people like to read poetry out loud.  It's a little weird to read aloud to ourselves, after all.  Society says that reading is a silent activity.  Good thing that society isn't Simon; otherwise, we really would have to listen.  Additionally, I think that something gets a bit lost when a poem isn't heard.  While most of us have a voice in the back of our heads that sounds the words as we read them, there is something very musical about listening to another person perform.

Finally, I will be posting weekly writing prompts with a short description about them.  Some of the prompts will be just useful things to get you to write.  Others will require some work and may function more like a workshop than a prompt.  In addition to this, I would like to encourage others to share their work in the comments or send me a link to a YouTube video of your work.

The title of this blog is "Life is Rumored to be Written Here".  Not "My Life".  Just "Life".  Thus, I'd love to hear and be able to showcase other perspectives.  Granted, the current audience is limited to mostly close friends and family and whoever else clicks on a link I place to Facebook.  However, this is still a place to share your story if you'd like to.  I can't speak for anyone but myself, and I can't tell your story better than you.

The first prompt will be posted on Monday, October 8th.  Get ready to write, and please don't hesitate to share!

If this does not come to fruition, I urge you to call me out on it.  Send me emails.  If you know me via Facebook, you have my permission to assault my wall.  If you have my number, you have my permission to text.  I probably haven't talked to you in awhile and would appreciate the message anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All I ask is that you be respectful. Thank you!